St. Nick Salon: Artists Social and Benefit for the N.C. Cancer Hospital Expressive Arts Program
The Oncology Expressive Arts Program at N.C. Cancer Hospital is one of FRANK Gallery’s many community-outreach programs. Every holiday season, the ninety-four artists assemble a small mountain of art supplies at the gallery to help spread cheer through the arts, and allow this incredible program to begin their year off with a freshly stocked supply of materials.
On December 3rd, FRANK will host a community holiday party to launch the event. All are welcome to attend, and encouraged to bring their art supplies to add to the bin that night.
Help bring in the holiday season with FRANK! Once again, FRANK will be collaborating with the UNC Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center and the N.C. Cancer Hospital to collect new and very gently used art supplies for the Expressive Arts Program. The program gives UNC cancer patients and caregivers the opportunity to express themselves through art.
Donation ideas for the Expressive Arts Program
(please donate NEW items; donations do not have to be limited to these):
- Art project kits with all supplies included
- Beads, wires, fasteners for jewelry-making
- Jewelry-making tools
- Spools of ribbon, wire, string, washi tape, etc.
- Photo frame cards, other blank craft cards
- Journals and sketchbooks
- Scrapbooks and scrapbooking supplies
- Stickers and holiday sticker sheets
- Paints and brushes
- Large plain muslin or canvas tote bags or aprons for craft projects
- Scissors, glue, tape, other crafting tools
- Markers, crayons, colored pencils, drawing pens and pencils
- Unfinished items (wooden letters, birdhouses, etc.)