Top Ten Ways to Promote Your Business on Game Day
1. Decorate your storefront to draw customers and football fans into your business with 'Welcome Carolina Fans' or 'Welcome JMU Fans' signs; available for FREE from Business Class, Inc: click here.
2. Offer your version of a football game day special; a special drink, menu item, Carolina blue article of clothing, etc. It doesn't have to be discounted to be a 'special'!
3. Hang a Tar Heel flag (or opponents flag) outside your business or Carolina blue & white balloons.
4. Offer a discount to customers that answer a UNC trivia question posted in your window.
5. Encourage all employees to wear Carolina gear, hats, or buttons.
6. Hold a special event, feature a musician in store, partner with a charity, or offer customers free coffee & cookies. Give potential customers another reason to step into your business.
7. Give a prize to the customer dressed in the most Carolina gear. If you are feeling neighborly, give a prize to the customer dressed in the most gear from the opposing team.
8. Decorate your store front window in Carolina blue or UNC themed items from your business.
9. Create a Tar Heel family environment - offer kid friendly meals, provide kids with Tar Heel related coloring sheets, offer kids a Tar Heel sticker/temporary tattoo or create a Tar Heel arts & crafts area in-store. Parents will shop and dine if the kids are happy!
10. Let us know what you are doing so that we can help you promote it on our website and in weekly email blasts "What to Do & See Downtown This Week!"; email email@example.com.