The 2nd Friday ArtWalk takes place in Carrboro and Chapel Hill from 6:00 - 9:00 pm on the second Friday of every month. Now featuring 32 local venues, it offers a great opportunity to experience the creative arts scene in our community, explore venues and businesses throughout Chapel Hill and Carrboro, as well as socialize with other art lovers! Many of the venues have live music, food, activities, and other art related entertainment. www.2ndFridayArtWalk.com
SHOP LOCAL ART THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!
The 2nd Friday ArtWalk venues on Friday, November 8 and Friday, December 13 will feature products by artists perfect for gift-giving this holiday season. Even the hardest to shop for on your list will love a hand-made, artistic items! Venues will offer unique jewelry, scarves, handmade paper goods, ceramics, woodwork, fine art, and more.
4 NEW VENUES JOIN THE ARTWALK: Joining our communities leading art institutions like the ArtsCenter, Ackland Art Museum, and FRANK Gallery four new venues bring the total to 32 venues; they are:
- Morehead Planetarium & Science Center- Science on the Sundial every ArtWalk evening, with star shows and science experiments and activities on the sundial.
- Perch Studios- Coworking Studio and artists flex-space offering radical crafting nights, acupuncture, and more.
- UNC Art Department, Hanes Art Center - Opening up to the community the work of UNC art students and faculty with studio tours, art demonstrations, and viewing the works of art in progress being produced by studio art students.
- JRJ Designs- Local artist Jackie Reid's studio and gallery features her beautifully handcrafted jewelry. Every piece is unique; mediums include leather, silver, glass, and more.
FOLLOW THE 2nd FRIDAY ARTWALK:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/2ndfridayartwalk
- Twitter: @2ndFriArtWalk
- Website: www.2ndFridayArtWalk.com
- Venue map, great for printing out before you head out on the ArtWalk: http://www.2ndFridayArtWalk.com/map
BIKE 2nd FRIDAY: Every month, on the same night as the ArtWalk, join other bicycling art enthusiasts for the 2nd Friday ArtRide! Meet at the Carrboro Farmers Market, and start rolling at 6:30. The group rides from venue to venue spending time at each venue all the way from the west end of Carrboro to the east end of Chapel Hill! Stay with the pack or venture out at your own pace. Some months a leader will be there to host the rides, and other months anyone that shows up can take the lead!
The 2nd Friday ArtWalk provides local artists with venues to display their talents; while bringing people to our business districts to shop, eat, and be entertained! Participating venues can be offices, service businesses, retail shops, restaurants, entertainment venues, and art galleries/museums. The 2nd Friday ArtWalk is managed by the Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership and is open to venues throughout our Chapel Hill & Carrboro community.