The Rosemary Imagined Project Team
- Megan Wooley, Housing and Neighborhood Services Planner II, Town of Chapel Hill
- Meg McGurk, Executive Director, Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership
- Mary Jane Nirdlinger, Director of Policy and Strategic Initiatives, Town of Chapel Hill
- Dwight Bassett, Economic Development Officer, Town of Chapel Hill
|Thank you to everyone who has participated in the Rosemary Imagined planning effort thus far. We appreciate all the time, energy, and creative thinking that community members have dedicated to this process. We are excited about all the ideas we gathered through the polling sessions, pitch meetings, and conversations last year. |
If you are new to this project, Rosemary Imagined is an innovative community-led planning initiative that will refine our thinking of how Rosemary Street fits into the development and growth of downtown Chapel Hill. This goal of this effort is to develop a vision for the future of the Rosemary Street corridor that emphasizes the Town's focus on connections, choices, and community.
Here are a few ways to stay involved:
- The Rosemary Imagined Project Team is working with a consulting team, located in Raleigh, from the planning firm Kling Stubbins to take the input we received during the community sessions and develop these into two concepts.
- A community meeting called the "First Community Review Meeting" will be held on Thursday, April 10 to receive input and ideas about these two concepts. More information about this meeting will be coming soon.
- After the April 10th meeting, we will refine the two concepts into one concept, and we will again ask for your feedback about this concept during the "Second Community Review meeting" to be held in May/June.
- We anticipate completing the Rosemary Imagined planning effort by Fall of this year, and we are excited about the upcoming months and the work ahead.
- If you have thoughts and want to share them, email Megan Wooley and Meg McGurk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mark your calendar for the First Community Review Meeting on April 10th; more information coming soon.
- Stay informed with the Rosemary Imagined happenings through the Rosemary Imagined blog which can be found at