5 Ways to Help Orange County Toys for Tots
Orange County Department Social of Services (DSS) is seeking local businesses, organizations, and groups to assist with the Toys for Tot and the Toy Chest event. There are more than 7,000 children in Orange County living in low-income households. The majority of these children have working parents that find it difficult to make ends meet.
In collaboration with Toys for Tots, the Community Toy Chest provides an opportunity for low income parents to select two to three gifts per child aged 18 or under to ensure that every child in Orange County has something to celebrate during the holidays. Details about the program can be found here.
5 Ways to Toys for Tots in Orange County:
1) Be a Collection Site – Have a Toys for Tots collection box for either employees and/or the public to drop off toy donations. Volunteers will deliver and then collect the toys, if you'd like. Collections can start now and should end by 12/16 (with all toys either pick-up or dropped off to DSS by 12/18).
2) Host events to benefit Toys for Tots – Are you having a holiday party? Ask your guests and/or employees to donate a toy in lieu of presents to each other or as as an entry fee to a special event. Be creative! Pick a theme!
3) Volunteer – The Toy Chest event takes place at the DSS offices in Hillsborough where parents come and shop for toys for their kids! Volunteers are needed to set up/clean up, stock the toy rooms, shop with the parents to pick out toys, and more. Volunteer schedule and needs Here.
4) Sponsor – DSS has many elderly and disabled clients who are in need of sponsors to fulfill their wish lists. These are clients who are working with our Adult Services social workers and have been identified as needing assistance this holiday season. Sponsor a client!
5) Monetary Donations – If you are not able to assist in any of the ways mentioned above, make a monetary donation that will be used to purchase toys to supplement the donations they receive. You can make an online donation or send in a check. Details Here.
For questions, contact Rebekah Rapoza at 919-245-2821 or email@example.com
To volunteer at the Toy Chest, contact Kysha Thompson 919.245.2795, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Carmen Johnson 919.245.2805, email@example.com.