How to Open a Business in Chapel Hill
Whether you're just starting your search or have identified your location for your business we want to be a resource making your opening process smooth and efficient. Call or email Bobby Funk at the Downtown Partnership (919-967-9440 / firstname.lastname@example.org) to guide you through the opening process.
Already have a space in mind for your business? Look Before You Lease is a service offered by the Town of Chapel Hill's Fire & Inspections departments. They will do a walk-through of the potential space with you and do a eyes-only inspection; informing you of potential issues to consider about the space BEFORE you lease or even buy it. To schdule call the Inspections Department at 919-968-2718.
More Local Resources
- SCORE: Free business advice for start-ups
- Ecomomic & Community Development for Carrboro
- Chapel Hill Small Business & Technology Development Center: Offering business assistance, consulting, and financial planning.
- Durham Tech Small Business Center: Offering business consulting, technical assistance, access to resource libraries.
- Goodwork: A nonprofit agency that helps other nonprofits, entrepenuers, and small businesses become self-sufficient.
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce
- Orange County Economic Development Office: Offering business relocation and retention services, information on commercial space availability, and a small business loan program.
- Entrepreneurs & Small Business Funding Portal: A funding guide for entrepreneurial and small business research and development funding information, resources, and services for UNC-Chapel Hill researchers and other community-based innovators.
- Small Business E-Research Center: UNC's online reference library for small business needs. Available to all NC residents with access permission.