Ten Ways to Promote Your Business on Game Day
1. Promote Tar Heel Downtown through all of your communication channels including social media. Tell your customers that Franklin Street is the place to be that day!
2. Offer a game day special! A special drink, menu item, Carolina blue article of clothing, etc.- doesn't have to be discounted to be a 'special'.
3. Hang a Tar Heel flag or Carolina blue & white balloons outside your business. Create a game day window display with Carolina blue items, UNC themed items from your business.
4. Decorate your storefront with 'Welcome Carolina Fans' or 'Welcome Georgia Tech Fans' signs.
5. Encourage all employees to wear Carolina gear, hats, or buttons. Have them stand outside your business offering samples, flyers for future events or coupons.
6. Feature a musician in store, partner with a charity, or offer customers free coffee & cookies. Give potential customers another reason to step into your business.
7. Give a prize to the customer dressed in the most Carolina gear. If you are feeling neighborly, give a prize to the customer dressed in the most Georgia Tech gear.
8. Put a Carolina trivia question on your sandwich board offering customers a discount if they get the answer right.
9. Create a Tar Heel family environment - offer kid friendly meals, provide kids with Tar Heel related coloring sheets, offer kids a Tar Heel sticker/temporary tattoo or create a Tar Heel arts & crafts area in-store. Parents will shop and dine if the kids are happy!
10. This game is UNC's Cancer Awareness Game. The Pink Heals Fire Truck will be on site at both Tar Heel Downtown and at Kenan Stadium. Turn your business pink!