We believe that is a great opportunity for downtown businesses to create a lasting relationship with new customers. We hope that you will consider supporting this program and UNC students!
E-mail your name, business, address, phone number, website, and the specific deal/promotion that you would like to offer to: email@example.com
by Monday, June 2, 2014.
Contact Kristy Barngrover, Coordinator of New Student & Carolina Parent Programs, at (919) 962-8304
|The Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership and Office of New Student & Carolina Parent Programs (NSCPP) at UNC have partnered to host THE FEEL OF FRANKLIN STREET during the Week of Welcome (WOW), August 15 to August 24, 2014. WOW is an annual celebration that takes place at the beginning of the fall semester for new students and their families as they arrive to UNC and Chapel Hill.
THE FEEL OF FRANKLIN STREET is a week-long promotion that brings students and families into participating restaurants and retail locations downtown to receive free or exceptionally reduced priced menu items and merchandise. Welcoming them into your business the very first week they arrive in Chapel Hill and on campus, and solidifying them as repeat patrons for years to come!
Benefits to Your Business:
- A free WOW emblem for your store-front window to indicate participation.
- Listing in the Tar Heel Beginnings Guide distributed to over 8,000 students living on campus.
- Increased exposure for your business by reaching more than 17,000 UNC students.
- Listing on the New Student & Carolina Parent Programs Website (nscpp.unc.edu)
- Promotion through WOW social media outlets.
- Creating a long-term relationship between new students and their families with your business.
Suggestions of Ways to Participate:
- Create a special WOW menu item at a discounted price
- Offer merchandise at a reduced price
- Offer a BOGO - Buy One, Get One Free item
- Create a window display of Carolina-themed or Carolina blue items offered at a discount
- In addition to the free or reduced item, make your business inviting to these new students! Hang a Tar Heel flag or Carolina blue balloons outside your business, put a welcome message on your sandwich board on the sidewalk.
- Please be considerate of those who may have special dietary needs or customs. Alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, and drug paraphernalia are prohibited from being a part of this promotion.