Fire Inspections Checklist, BARS, & ABC Commission Trainings
Fire Inspections Compliance Checklist
In August the Downtown Parnership and the Town of Chapel Hill Fire Department hosted a training for downtown businesses called "What to Expect at an Unexpected Fire Inspection". A downtown business owner (thanks Mandey at Zog's!) said it would be beneficial for businesses to have a checklist of compliance items to provide guidance for all staff on safety procedures.
The Fire Department has now created a checklist to assist businesses. Some items may not apply to your business, however, the Fire Department wanted to be comprehensive and still create a usable document.
To download the Fire Inspections Compliance Checklist - CLICK HERE.
If you'd like a free laminated copy of the checklist, please stop by the Downtown Partnership office to pick one up; at 308 West Rosemary Street, Suite 209.
If you have questions about items on the checklist, please contact Travis L. Crabtree, Fire Protection Specialist with the Chapel Hill Fire Department at 919-969-5042 or email@example.com.
Three B.A.R.S Training Opportunities
All sellers and servers of alcohol can attend the free B.A.R.S. (Be A Responsible Server) Trainings conducted by the Chapel Hill Police Department. The training will familiarize your staff with alcohol laws and regulations; specifically covering sales to underage persons, fraudulent identifications, sales to intoxicated persons, and general ABC laws and regulations. It is open to all employees, managers, and owners of businesses in Chapel Hill that serve or sell alcohol. No need to register, just show up.
Three B.A.R.S Training Opportunities:
- Monday, October 19, 7 pm to 9 pm at the Post Office/Courthouse, 179 East Franklin Street
- Monday, December 14, 7 pm to 9 pm at the Post Office/Courthouse, 179 East Franklin Street
- B.A.R.S. Training in your business at a day/time that works for your staff!
NC ABC Commission Training for Servers/Sellers
The Downtown Partnership and Chapel Hill Police Department have collaborated to offer a comprehensive free training for all servers and sellers of alcohol. This training will be conducted by the NC ABC Commission and the DMV License and Theft Bureau to help ABC retailers be better prepared to reduce underage drinking. This is the same training that was offered in August.
Tuesday, October 27 from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm at the Chapel Hill Public Library, 100 Library Drive. We will have lunch available for attendees. To RSVP for you or your staff - CLICK HERE.
The training will focus on these areas:
- Eliminating Sales to Underage: Acceptable IDs, Checking IDs, Fake IDs, Server Discretion, Criminal Consequences, Civil Liability, Employee Disqualification
- Eliminating Sale to Intoxicated Person: Server Discretion, Criminal Consequences, Civil Liability, Employee Disqualification
- Private Club Rules, Hours of sale, Age requirement, Employees consuming
For more information or questions please contact Meg McGurk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-967-9440.