Downtown Pop Up Farmers' Market
Every Thursday, July 23 - Sept 10
Noon - 2 pm
Plaza at 140 West Franklin Street
Products will include summer fruits and vegetables such as peaches, berries, melons, heirloom tomatoes, okra, peppers, squash, eggplant, greens, garlic, and fresh herbs as well as locally and sustainably raised pork, chicken and beef, eggs, and cut flowers, baked goods, breads, cheeses, chocolate, tea and coffee, all produced within 60 miles of Chapel Hill. For information visit www.thechapelhillfarmersmarket.com.
Promote Your Business Along with the Farmers' Market!
We encourage downtown businesses to both promote the market and to partner with the vendors. Here are some ideas:
- Create a Farmers' Market Special-- when your customers bring in items purchased at the market; give them a special discount you've created. (BOGO, 10% off, etc.)
- Food establishments can shop the market for fresh, local produce and baked goods. Special orders can be made prior to the market, see the Vendor List.
- Create a seasonal dish, appetizer, or drink special featuring an item from the market.
- Purchase fresh flowers for your tables or window displays.
- Pre-order in bulk from the farms and pick it up at the market.
- Include information about the market in your promotions --emails, social media, website, sidewalk signs.
- We will feature your special or promotion in the weekly What To Do & See Downtown This Week! emails and our social media! Send us the details at www.downtownchapelhil.com; scroll down the page to the SUBMIT YOUR EVENT button.