Via North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission (ABC):
As college students across North Carolina return to school for the Fall semester, the Governor's Substance Abuse and Underage Drinking Prevention and Treatment Task Force, along with Law Enforcement agencies, the ABC Commission, DMV License and Theft Bureau, local ABC Boards, and Prevention Coalitions, are increasing their focus on preventing underage drinking.
A crucial part of this intensified focus includes providing training seminars for ABC (beer, wine, and mixed beverage) on-premise and off-premise permit holders in the Chapel Hill, NC area.
These seminars, offered exclusively to businesses that hold ABC permits, will provide training at no cost in the areas of:
- Eliminating Sales to Underage: Acceptable IDs, Checking IDs, Fake IDs, Server Discretion, Criminal Consequences, Civil Liability, Employee Disqualification
- Eliminating Sale to Intoxicated Person: Server Discretion, Criminal Consequences, Civil Liability, Employee Disqualification
- Private Club Rules, Hours of sale, Age requirement, Employees consuming
- Other Laws and Regulations
- If there are any specific topics you would like clarification on, please send them to Jeff.Strickland@ABC.nc.gov or (919)779-0700 prior to the event and they will be addressed during the seminar.
The purpose of these seminars is to help ABC retailers be better prepared to reduce underage drinking.
North Carolina Alcohol Law Enforcement (ALE) and local law enforcement departments may intensify enforcement efforts in Chapel Hill to ensure that businesses are fully complying with the laws and regulations, specifically those which prohibit underage people from purchasing, possessing, or consuming alcoholic beverages.
We encourage you and representatives from your business to attend this training:
Friday, August 21, 2015
10:00 am and 4:00 pm
The Chapel Hill Public Library
100 Library Drive, Chapel Hill NC 27514