Promotional Opp for Businesses: Good Neighbor Initiative
Promotional Opportunity: Good Neighbor Initiative
The Good Neighbor Initiative encourages university students, living in neighborhoods that surround the downtown, to meet their neighbors and work together to make neighborhoods a place of pride and safety.
Students and year-round residents are given information concerning area services, garbage collection and recycling, local ordinances, alcohol laws and safety information during a neighborhood walk-around.
On Thursday, September 14 the Good Neighbor Initiative will host a Block Party with up to 500 downtown residents at the Hargraves Community Center at 216 N. Roberson Street. The event involves a Community Pride walk around the neighborhood followed by a block party with food, music, and games - free and open to all downtown residents.
The Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership sponsors the Good Neighbor Initiative along with the Chapel Hill Police Department, the Jackson Center, UNC Office of Student Affairs, UNC Local Relations Office, Town of Chapel Hill, UNC Student Government Association & Carolina Union Activities Board, and Empowerment Inc.
To participate or if you have questions, please contact:
How Businesses Can Participate:
- Make a monetary contribution to sponsor the Block Party.
- Contribute a gift certificate or an item for the raffle.
- Promotions and/or contributions of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, and drug paraphernalia are prohibited.
Benefits to Participating Businesses:
- Sponsors will be recognized at the event.
- Businesses that support at the $25 level or higher can have a presence at the event with promotional materials.
- Exposure to 500 downtown residents, many of whom will be new residents and potential future patrons.
- All donations are tax-deductible.