Kipos Greek Taverna is organizing local businesses to raise money for the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. Below is their statement to share with all Orange County businesses:
Greetings from the Kipos Team, we hope you are all doing well and have had a great summer. In light of the recent catastrophe in Texas, we feel it is important to come together and use our community resources to offer support! We are hosting a county-wide week of giving, where we invite all businesses to collaborate with us during the week of Monday, October 9th - Sunday, October 15th. During this week businesses are asked to offer their own deal, percentage off, raffle, or any service you offer, with proceeds or a percentage of proceeds going to The Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund.
Here is the event statement:
Orange County: Hope After Harvey
A Week of Giving ~ Monday, October 9th - Sunday, October 15th
In the wake of the devastation in dozens of Texas communities due to Hurricane Harvey, Orange County businesses are banding together to do what we can to make a difference. During the week of October 9th - October 15th businesses in Chapel Hill, Carrboro, and Orange County will be contributing to the relief effort., but we need your help! Come out for great food, activities, raffles, & more with every purchase you'll be making a difference! See our full week-long schedule of participating shops, restaurants, and local businesses below as well as what they are offering and where proceeds will go. Shop, sip, savor, and make a difference!
While this would be an event where each business would operate on its own, through our collective buzz, audiences, and offers we will be more effective in bringing in funds for those in need. We hope to make a difference through our W. Franklin St. (and beyond!) business community!
- Deadline - Friday, September 15th
- Email - email@example.com
- Include the following - business name, deal or offer, and date of offering (could be for the whole week, one day, or one event).
- For example - Kipos Greek Taverna will be donating a percentage of lunch & dinner food sales on Thursday of that week.
- Use your communication channels to promote the event; social media, website, emails. Kipos will create flyers for community-wide distribution and the Kipos website as the main hub of events info.
For more information, contact: