Sidewalk Dining Grant
Sidewalk dining adds vibrancy and energy to our wonderful downtown and we want to encourage restaurants to get in on the fun! For a limited time the Downtown Partnership will be offering $400 grants for downtown Chapel Hill businesses to pay for sidewalk dining furniture as well as the cost of the sidewalk dining permit.
This is NOT a matching grant, it is a reimbursement grant! Grants will fund the purchase of sidewalk dining furniture of up to $400 per business while funds are available. You can not apply for grant funds to pay for sidewalk dining furniture purchased in the past. This grant is intended for businesses seeking to offer dining on public downtown sidewalks or street level private space directly adjacent to the public right of way.
- Apply for the sidewalk dining grant online here.
- Apply for the Town of Chapel Hill's permit for sidewalk dining.
- Applicants must adhere to the State of North Carolina's codes for sidewalk dining.
- For more information on these ordinances and to apply for your sidewalk dining permit, please call or email Sarah Poulton, Downtown Special Projects Manager at the Town of Chapel Hill: email@example.com, 919-969-5009
- Application for this grant is not an indication of approval of this grant. After this application is submitted someone from the Downtown Partnership will contact you to assist you as you go through the approval process for sidewalk dining.
- Once the Town approves your permit and you've purchased your sidewalk dining furniture and amenities, please send us the proof of purchase.