Volunteers & Interns
Volunteer & Internship Opportunities:
Our volunteers represent downtown property and business owners, downtown employees, the Town of Chapel Hill staff and elected officials, University staff and students, downtown residents, and the community-at-large. We are also a court-ordered community service site for both teens and adults; and a service-learning site for high school students. All volunteers willing to give their time to downtown are welcome.
Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the year with opportunities during the week (day & night) and on the weekends. Contact Meg McGurk at email@example.com or 919-967-9440.
Clean & Green
- Clean & Green volunteers clean up public and private property throughout downtown.
- Duties may include picking up litter, cleaning graffiti, and cleaning public property such as trash receptacles, bus shelters, benches, and street poles. Volunteers have the flexibility to work whenever their schedule allows. We give you the supplies and directions - you hit the streets!
- Great opportunity for groups of volunteers!
- Assist the CHDP during special events throughout the year.
- Duties include flyering, crowd control, ticket-taking, planning, coordinating with event participants, and other logistical work.
- We need pictures of downtown during special events, UNC football games, street fairs, concerts, and parades.
- Photographers are also needed to just spend the day or night downtown and take pictures of life on Franklin Street!
The Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership accepts interns that are interested in working on projects that will help revitalize the downtown district. Projects may be catered to a variety of interests including but not limited to: economic development, marketing & communications, parking, architectural design, historic preservation, journalism, special events coordination and governmental affairs. We are open to working with anyone that has an interest and desire to make downtown a better place. We currently do not have any open internships. (2/27/17)