VOLUNTEERS & INTERNS
Volunteer & Internship Opportunities:
Our volunteers represent downtown property and business owners, downtown employees, the Town of Chapel Hill staff and elected officials, University staff and students, downtown residents, and the community-at-large. We are also a court-ordered community service site for both teens and adults; and a service-learning site for high school students. All volunteers willing to give their time to downtown are welcome.
Volunteer opportunities are available throughout the year with opportunities during the week (day & night) and on the weekends. Contact Meg McGurk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-967-9440.
Clean & Green
- Clean & Green volunteers clean up public and private property throughout downtown.
- Duties may include picking up litter, cleaning graffiti, and cleaning public property such as trash receptacles, bus shelters, benches, and street poles. Volunteers have the flexibility to work whenever their schedule allows. We give you the supplies and directions - you hit the streets!
- Great opportunity for groups of volunteers!
- Assist the CHDP during special events throughout the year.
- Duties include flyering, crowd control, ticket-taking, planning, coordinating with event participants, and other logistical work.
- We need pictures of downtown during special events, UNC football games, street fairs, concerts, and parades.
- Photographers are also needed to just spend the day or night downtown and take pictures of life on Franklin Street!
The Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership accepts interns that are interested in working on projects that will help revitalize the downtown district. Projects may be catered to a variety of interests including but not limited to: economic development, marketing & communications, parking, architectural design, historic preservation, journalism, special events coordination and governmental affairs. We are open to working with anyone that has an interest and desire to make downtown a better place.
Please send resumes to Meg McGurk at email@example.com. Subject line should be INTERNSHIP.
Current Opportunities :
2nd FRIDAY ART WALK: Intern will assist the Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership with coordinating monthly Art Walk. Duties will include researching and creating guide for the venues based on national best practices, writing blog entries/ press releases, creating email marketing template for monthly distribution, updating website content and databases, developing program for restaurant participation, and photographing events. Intern must be comfortable with public speaking and representing our agency in the public realm. Must have knowledge of the Chapel Hill community, especially downtown. Internship is not office-based, intern must be very self-motivated and self-directed. jjj