Welcome to Downtown Chapel Hill!
Walking is a fantastic way to discover all the great things our downtown has to offer. We encourage you to use the new "Walk Chapel Hill" signs throughout downtown to help you find some of the most exciting arts & entertainment attractions North Carolina has to offer.
To help get an idea of things around you here are some great attractions sorted by East & West (Columbia Street is the traditional dividing line).
To find a great spot for a meal visit our Dining Page.
As you walk downtown be sure to enjoy our various public art installations!
West Downtown Attractions
- 140 West Plaza - 140 W Franklin St
- The Carolina Inn - 211 Pittsboro St
- The Cave (music venue) - 452 1/2 W Franklin St
- Chapel Hill/Orange County Visitors Bureau - 501 W Franklin St
- DSI Comedy Theater - 462 W Franklin St
- The Franklin Hotel - 311 W Franklin St
- Hargraves Community Center & Park - 216 N Roberson St
- Local 506 (music venue) - 506 W Franklin St
East Downtown Attractions
- Ackland Art Museum - 101 S Columbia St
- Coker Arboretum - 363 E Cameron Ave
- McCorkle Place - 200 E Franklin St
- Memorial Hall - 114 E Cameron Ave
- Morehead Planetarium - 250 E Franklin St
- The Old Well - 251 E Cameron Ave
- Peace & Justice Plaza - 179 E Franklin St
- The Teen Center - 179 E Franklin St
- UNC Visitors Center - 250 E Franklin St
- The Varsity Theatre - 123 E Franklin St